Friday, March 6, 2009

Duty and Desire...

So, I got the books and started reading Duty and Desire, thinking it was first. It would have helped to read the cover. Anyway, I got well enough in and I have to tell you, if Georgiana joins a nunnery I'm done! I got so fed up with the prospect that I actually read the back cover and realized that I was on the wrong book and happily switched over. So I am very glad to tell you that I'm enjoying An Assembly Such as This very much. Whew.
Someone just tell me that Georgiana does not, in fact, join a nunnery. I would enjoy all of this a lot more.

3 comments:

  1. Georgiana does not, in fact, join a nunnery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the second one is not as great as the first (my perspective....and I did read them in the right order :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I finished one and two was much better with a little background. She seemed to be paining Darcy too...unlikeable, you know. Like when he interviewed Mrs. Annesly, or whatever her name was. And I was getting really annoyed with Georgiana's religiosity. But in the end, I enjoyed the book as more like a Northanger Abby kind of read. On to book three!

    ReplyDelete